20 October, 2016
I had some fresh ricotta leftover after making the Zeppole the other day, and it was National Pasta Day on the 17th of October (thought I’d mention it just in case you missed it), so decided to use the ricotta to stuff into rigatoni type pasta for dinner. Here’s a quick dinner recipe for you!
- • Pasta for stuffing, rigatoni or other large holed pasta would work or could use manicotti shells. Amount of pasta depends on which kind you are using. For two people I used 8 largish rigatoni.
- • ½ cup ricotta cheese (fresh or store bought)
- • ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated
- • 1 egg
- • Few sprigs of fresh parsley finely chopped (could substitute dried parsley)
- • Salt, pepper, dash of nutmeg
- • Pasta sauce (about 1 cup or 1/2 jar store bought)
- Drop pasta into boiling water. Turn off heat and let pasta soften for a few minutes.
- In the meantime mix the cheeses, egg, parsley and seasonings together.
- Prep small casserole dish with a ladle of sauce.
- Drain the pasta and stuff.
- Place stuffed pasta in casserole dish.
- Cover with more sauce and cook covered at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Can easily double the recipe for 4 people.