If you read this blog on a regular basis, you may have caught on that I’m a cookie nut. I hesitate to say cookie monster, but I prefer any cookie over traditional desserts or snacks.
I was checking out the blog at My Fitness Pal and spotted these easy-peasy cookies. These 3-ingredient breakfast cookies are so simple you can mix ingredients together and cook them in about 20 minutes. Wouldn’t your family love to wake up to the aroma of freshly baked cookies… and get to eat them for breakfast? Bonus – they are healthy too! They are gluten-free (if you use gluten-free oats and chocolate chips), egg-free, and dairy-free in case that is a criterion for you or your family.
The cookies don’t spread out like others so if you want a flatter cookie, flatten out before cooking. I left mine as they tumbled off the spoon, but next time I may flatten them out as I had to add a little more baking time to achieve the correct doneness.
These cookies are so good I call them “anytime” cookies – you don’t have to eat them just for breakfast. They are great as snacks or dessert.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- PREP: preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat liner.
- Mash bananas and add oats and chocolate chips.
- Spoon cookie mixture onto cookie sheet (a generous tablespoon).
- Cook for 15 minutes. Cool and Enjoy!
- Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 96; Total Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g ; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 5mg; Total Carbohydrates: 18 g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 9g; Protein: 2g
- Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 106mg; Vitamin A: 0%; Vitamin C: 4%; Calcium: 1%; Iron: 4%
For another version of this cookie (more ingredients but still easy and tasty), click here: Oat Banana Breakfast Cookies