30 August, 2017
I’ve Got A Lovely Bunch Of Honey Spiced Almonds
These almonds won’t disappoint with a kick of spicy and sweet. As Summer fades (take the heat with you please!) and Fall approaches (it will get here, right?), I think of roasting nuts. (Hubby’s comments have been intentionally censored.)
Nuts are such a great source of protein and a healthy snack. The challenge is to only eat a few. I keep a small baggy filled with almonds in my purse all the time. Do I look a little goofy carrying my purse around the house in case I have a nut attack? Probably, but ask me if I care as I’m nibbling away at a few more nuts.
I’m not alone in my goofy ways of doing things. Frightening that there are more of us in the world. 😉 A friend of mine who works in her home takes her purse with her to her in-home office in the morning and then takes it with her when she walks out of her office at the end of the work day. I used to think that was a little odd, but I now understand the advantages. After all, most women have a snapshot of their lives in their purse, and…. I have NUTS!
I use raw almonds you can find in bulk.
Sautéing with the coating.
The nuts are a little sticky when hot.
Laid out on parchment paper to dry.
Ready to munch.
These almonds make great gifts too!
- • 1½ cups raw, unblanched almonds
- • 1 tablespoon sugar
- • 1½ tablespoons honey
- • ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- • ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- • ¼ teaspoon salt
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, cook the almonds over medium heat for 6 minutes, or until lightly toasted, shaking pan frequently.
- In a 2-cup glass container, combine the remaining ingredients, and microwave at high for 30 seconds.
- Add honey mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place the almond mixture on the baking tray, and let sit for at least 10 minutes. Break apart any clusters prior to serving.
- Each serving is 138 calories. It stores well in an airtight container for several days.
For more nutty recipes click on the link.