29 November, 2016
Parmesan Sage Pork Chops
I enjoy sharing my favorite recipes with our great neighbors and friends. Yeah like you didn’t have a clue by now that that could be a highlight of my day. So when a friend shares a recipe they enjoy I love it!
Pork chops are not my favorite meat, but adding two great ingredients like Parmesan cheese and sage, well, I just had to try it. Hubby was happy because he loves pork chops and I don’t fix them very often.
Mike H found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and we are so glad he did! It turned out fabulous! So good, in fact, we had the leftovers for breakfast. Stay tuned for that recipe!
- 2 boneless pork chops – should be thick (I only had boned pork chops that were not so thick and they cooked up nicely)
- 2 tbs All-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- 1 egg Slightly beaten
- ¾ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tsp Sage finely chopped
- ½ tsp Grated lemon zest
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tbs Butter
- Preheat oven to 425°. Lightly grease 7 x 11 baking dish
- Shallow bowl 1 – Mix flour, salt and ground pepper
- Shallow bowl 2 – Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sage and lemon zest
- Shallow bowl 3 – Lightly beaten egg
- Gently press pork chop into flour mixture (bowl 1) and shake off excess
- Dip into beaten egg and turn to coat
- Press into bread crumbs and toss between your hands to shake of the excess, place on a plate, do not stack.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown pork chops on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to baking dish and bake in preheated oven until juices run clear, about 15-18 minutes.
- You can substitute panko bread crumbs and add Italian seasoning to taste if you prefer.