A neighbor called this morning and needed an appetizer for an event she was attending tonight. She explained it was a spur of the moment thing and would I have time to whip something up for her? Well, on my calendar today I had a booty barre class at the gym, groceries to pick up, and needed to make a quick trip to the library. I could squeeze a few minutes of time in my schedule to make a quick appetizer. So I did!
These appetizers were put together in a matter of minutes. Luckily I had made fresh ricotta cheese and fig jam the day before – so I had a few ingredients pre-made.
Five ingredients – dried apricots, ricotta cheese, fig jam, Marcona almonds and balsamic vinegar. As I was making these, the apricots reminded me of little flying saucers.
Spread a generous amount of ricotta cheese on the apricots, then some fig jam on top of that.
Don’t you think they look like something from the future? Okay, so maybe I was a little light-headed as a result of my booty-barre workout which might have distorted my thinking.
A drizzle of balsamic vinegar on top completes the appetizer (not pictured).
Here is the oh so easy recipe.
- 6 oz package of dried apricots (about 24 pieces)
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese (fresh or store brand)
- 1/4 cup preserves (I used fig, could substitute apricot or peach or your favorite)
- 24 Marcona almonds
- Balsamic vinegar
- Lay out apricots on a board or prep surface and tamp down with fingers to flatten.
- Dollop ricotta cheese on top of apricot.
- Put a small dab of preserves on top of ricotta.
- Place an almond on top of ricotta/preserve mixture.
- Drizzle a good balsamic vinegar on top.
1 thought on “Snack To The Future – Apricot Ricotta Appetizers”
Pingback: Close Encounters Of The Stuffed Figs | Christina's Food And Travel
Comments are closed.