Chocolate and peanut butter go so well together and the combination is a favorite of many people. So why not try a simple truffle that goes together in minutes and has only 3 ingredients? Bonus, if made with dark chocolate, these tasty treats are gluten-free!
I was inspired by a friend who purchased a dipping tool and was raving how easy it was to use. Things can get messy when working with melted chocolate, especially the dipping process. Me and my clothes often look like I’ve visited Willie Wonka’s Chocolate Factory and fell into the chocolate lake when I’m working with melted chocolate.
I use a fork to dip my truffles. I’m not obsessive with how perfect they look after being dipped, but if you are, here is a video that has some great dipping tips:
- Chill truffles before dipping.
- Use a fork to lift the truffles out of the chocolate.
- Tap your hand, not the fork to get excess chocolate off the dipped truffle.
- Use a toothpick to help transfer the truffle from the fork to your cookie sheet.
Mix peanut butter and sugar together.
Form mixture into balls.
Let the dipping begin!
These truffles came out with more of a rustic look than is shown in Dorothy’s video. I made these before watching the video. They looked festive when served in paper liners and tasted great so the dipping process did not make a difference in this instance. However, I’m willing to make these again to try a different dipping process!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, chunky or smooth (I used chunky)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz chocolate chips (milk or dark chocolate)
- 2 oz white chocolate chips for drizzle
- Combine peanut butter and powdered sugar together.
- Roll mixture into 18 equally-sized balls
- Melt the chocolate chips either by microwaving in 30 second intervals or double boiler method until completely melted and smooth. May need to re-microwave if chocolate thickens during dipping.
- Drop balls into the melted chocolate and completely coat. Remove and set on wax paper or non-stick surface to set up for 25-30 minutes. (Refrigerate to speed up process)
- OPTIONAL - drizzle melted white chocolate across the top of the truffle